250 g margarine (or butter) 450 g sugar
450 g flour 1 Tbls syrup
2-4 t ginger 1 dessertspoon milk
1 large egg 2 tsp bicarb
- Sift flour, ginger and salt. Rub in butter. Mix in sugar.
- Dissolve soda in milk. Add warmed syrup and beaten egg.
- Make well in dry mixture, add liquid mixture.
- Mix well and then knead till smooth. Break off small pieces and roll into small balls with floured hands. Place balls well apart on greased pan, flatten a little with a floured fork.
- Bake at 160 C for 10 minutes.
1 cup flour 1 cup sugar
1 cup coconut 1 cup oats
125 g margarine 15 mls treacle/honey/syrup
5 mls bicarb
- Mix flour, sugar, coconut and oats.
- Melt margarine and syrup.
- Add bicarb, mixed with 1 T of boiling water.
- Mix all together.
- Press into a baking tray.
- Bake at 180 C for +/- 25 minutes.
250g margarine (or butter) 2 cups flour
1 cup sugar 1½ cups coconut
2 Tbls cocoa 1 tsp baking powder
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add flour, coconut and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add cocoa, dissolved in ½ cup boiling water. Stir well.
- Drop teaspoons on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 200 C for 15-20 minutes.
- When cold, sandwich together with chocolate icing.